Thursday 1 August 2013

While the Cat's away...

 
 
 
This morning
was one of those beautiful starts to the day
when the mist hangs
on the hillside.
 
As Mike is away,
I thought I would post some photos from our morning walk,
that way, he can share them,
as can you of course.

 
We, (me and the hounds),
were out the door by seven o'clock.
There's always a possibility
when out so early,
that we might spot some wildlife.

 
Fortunately, only I saw the hare.
 
I think I may have seen some baby wild pigs too.
Something made me turn around and look behind me.
Two little pigs were scurrying along the track going back the way we had come.
Of course I might have been mistaken,
they were running away from me
 quite small,
quick,
and not close enough to clearly identify.
I couldn't be sure.
But Arthur picked up an interesting scent
when we went back along that way.

 
When I'm on my own, I make the walks short,
and then only if it's cool.
Five dogs are too many for me to walk all at once.
So 2 or 3 have to wait while the others have a short walk.
 
Then we all go into the paddock together.
They all had a run around.
Then the girls,
Indie and Jess,
stopped for some quiet time,
girls together.
I thought.
How nice to see them like that.
It was only when Jess got up and moved away,
that I noticed that she had been chewing on a chew,
which is why Indie is so close.
She was waiting patiently for Jess to finish with it.
 

 
Danny is always alert,
on the lookout for anything that moves.
 
By now,
Paddy is ready to go home.
He has made his way to the gate,
and is saying,
'Time to go now'.
He wants his breakfast.

 
While Arthur
would be happy to
stay a while longer,
in the nest of long grass that he's made.

 
One last photo
on the way home.

 
All the mist cleared,
and it's back to being a hot day now.
I think we will be waiting until it cools a bit
before venturing back out today
for our next
trip to the paddock.
 
 
 


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos, Lynne. Glad you had a pretty morning to get out with the hounds.

Kath said...

Lovely photos of the hounds, they look very content.
I can imagine 5 is quite a handful, especially if they all spot the same thing at once and start to strain on their leads.
It's just wonderful that you have the paddock where they can let off steam in complete safety.

Connie said...

Great photos, Lynne. It's fun to see how each of the dogs has his or her own personality. I'm not sure I could handle two or three at once on a walk, let alone all five!

Jill Butler Design said...

A lovely start to a day. The dogs are gorgeous...and it sounds like they're wonderful companions too! I bet you're well tuned in to their various personalities.

Annie Cholewa said...

I love to see your gorgeous hounds!

You are so lucky to have the paddock Lynne ... I have tried and tried to find something similar here but with no luck at all. There are plenty of fields to run the dogs in of course, but with all the hazards that come with farmland. And I too have to split my five if I'm on my own, it's jsut one too many.

BadPenny said...

Five would be a lot to handle by yourself !
What a lovey picture that makes with the mist hanging.

What Remains Now said...

Looks like a wonderful start to the day.

Sarah said...

beautiful photos Lynne. The dogs look as if they had a good time! I can imagine that taking five out together is a bit of a handful!
Thanks for your visit. Not sure if there are neon light making courses but if not there should be!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynne, thank you for the walk through the beautiful scenery with your dogs. It was lovely to hear from you again. Are you still crafting in some way? Take care, Alison..

Ash said...

Lynne!! Lovely to see you back. These photos are gorgeous. I too am back after a rather long summer break.

I hope you are well

Hugs,
Ash

serendipity said...

What gorgeous hounds! Paddy has markings a little like Lottie. Hope you're ok. xx

Bobo Bun said...

Happy birthday to you too for the day before mine. A lovely surprise to find you and enjoy a spot of summer.