Friday 26 January 2007

Winter Wonderland


Well the snow has been with us properly since 12th January. As Mike says 'it's what we signed up for!' It looks lovely especially when the sun shines on it.

So we bought the skis, cross country variety. The only ones worth having according to our long standing Swedish friend. However Mike's not so keen, not fast enough or exciting enough for him. Me, I made a track to ski down on the road outside our house, (it's really a track, a gravel road). I managed to get a bit of speed going as it was down hill and it felt good. But then the snow plough came, so that was the end of that! Just as well I had gone in by then, I haven't learned how to stop yet! I think we will be trying out our skis at the cross country skiing track a couple of miles down the road. I think I will ask our long standing Swedish friend's wife for some tips. She cross country skis regularly.

Well if I don't post now I won't know how it looks and if I'm doing it right.

Here goes..........

2 comments:

Citril said...

Hi honey! You have no idea how jealous I am of you having snow! It's been years and years since we had decent snow at sea level in the Highlands! It looks so stunningly beautiful! Great photo!

You must keep so fit doing cross country skiing! I desperately need to do some decent exercise! I'm guessing you've figured out how to stop!

Huggles, Susan <><

PS Welcome to Blogland!!

Lynne said...

No, stopping is not always what I'm good at!

Lynne x