Sunday 12 October 2008

Blue Skies

Just when I thought winter was trying to nudge itself through, summer decided to pay us a visit. Perhaps for just a day.
So we left our forest retreat. Took a walk to a lake and admired the view.


Went back into the village from where we had started. It also has a lake. We are surrounded by lakes!


Admiring the scenery. It's always a nice walk no matter what time of the year and it changes such a lot throughout the year. As I will show you, as we progress through the seasons.


Some of the buildings are quite distinctive looking. I'm not sure what this one is, but I have been in it to attend a Christmas market. No doubt that will be happening again this year.



I'm not sure of the significance of this flag. (Reminder to self, I must find out). But it looked lovely against the blue sky.

5 comments:

kendalee said...

Beautiful!!! What a great place to be able to walk. Especially in the sunshine!

edward and lilly said...

What a beautiful day!

Sandi said...

Looks like you all had a lovely walk. Wonderful photos.

Grammy Staffy said...

What beautiful pictures. I'm glad that you are enjoying the lovely scenery.

Thanks again for writing to my Loni.. that was so nice of you. She is thrilled with all of the comments.

Have a great week

Lynne said...

Thanks Everyone,
It certainly was a day to lift the spirits, just as the weather seemed to be turning towards winter.
Lynne