Friday 16 October 2009

Blogtoberfest- Day 16, Lack Lustre


It's grey looking outside today.
Even Jewel looks a little lack lustre.
Note, she's really made this chair her own now.


She livened up a bit at seeing these geese down by the river.
They appeared a few days ago and are always in the same spot.
They were uncertain of us at first but don't seem bothered now,
but they keep an eye on us just to make sure.

At last the sun makes an appearance, but not for long.


Mike giving Paddy a cuddle as they wait with Rufus
for Jewel and I to stop taking photos,
again!



Well I was just trying to capture the sun on the village church steeple.



Maybe I'll get a more inspiring shot
on another day.
Have a good weekend.





5 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Yes, I think some sunshine would definitely help to lift my spirits. Get me off the couch, and away from the cheese.

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynne, Nice to see that Mike was out and about today. I know he felt under the weather yesterday. Your hounds are cute as ever. Here in Georgia, we have had rain and more rain. I so hope the sun shines for all of us tomorrow.

Connie said...

Even on gray days, you take great pictures, Lynne. Hope you get some more sun soon. The church steeple is lovely.

Sarah said...

That is a lovely photo of the steeple-really delicate colours. Hasn't it got a pretty top?
I did German at school-I was terrible at it and remember that the grammar was really difficult. I did like the fact that it is phonetically regular though-so I could read it out well but not understand it! Good luck with that. Perhaps there are some outmoded German versions of ladybird books lying around in junk shops that you could read!

Minerva said...

What beautiful countryside, even in grey. And Jewell looks so cute with all the legs sticking out. She knows how to get comfortable!