Monday 26 October 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 26, A-Z Monday


K is for Kite.
And this tiny one is in my sewing box. I bought it because I hadn't seen one this small before. It's only four and a half inches long, (just over 11 cms.).
And yes I have flown it.
The one below is still in it's packet unopened. I have been waiting to fly it with my grandson.
I'm sure I own a third kite, I think it is still in Sweden.
They are all inexpensive ones.


I probably got my love of kites from my dad. I can remember making one with him out of brown paper, and flying it.
Happy days.
For more A-Z Mondays pop over to Jen's.
For some Blogtoberfest fun pop over to Cathy's.


6 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Monday Lynne!
Great K word. I haven't flown a kite in years.

Ben said...

I'm with Jen - It's been forever since I had a part of putting a kite in the air. Maybe next spring...

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute kite! I only remember trying to fly a kite a few times in my childhood. I was never successful! Those memories of your dad are precious and I hope you will share photos of you and your grandson one day.

Connie said...

I can remember flying kites (or trying to!) with my sons when they were younger. It has been a while though. Flying a kite is like one of the ultimate symbols of being carefree to me, I think. Nice post, Lynne. Happy Monday! :D

Yiota said...

What a cute kite. It must look like a dot in the sky. I hope you fly the other one with your grandson soon.

Minerva said...

We used to fly kites at the beach with the kids. The ocean winds really sent them soaring. Thanks for bringing back the memories.