Saturday 17 October 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 17, Viewed from the Inside


I've been feeling a bit wintry here today, even though it hasn't been that cold outside. It's just one of those days that looks worse from the inside looking out. I've been in more than out today, catching up with more mundane things. Mike did 2 of the walks with the Hounds himself. I stayed in and made some soup and bread. It perpetuated the wintry feeling in a nice way.
But it feels too soon for winter to be settling in.
The photo was taken last week outside a shop. Autumn seems to be a big theme here with lots of decorations to buy. Not as varied as you get in other countries perhaps, but I do get the impression that celebrating Autumn is popular. Pumpkins of all shapes and sizes have been decorating the front of houses for weeks now. I must take some more photos to show you. I'm not sure whether Hallowean is celebrated though.
I will just have to wait and see.
I am still celebrating Blogtoberfest here though.
Hope you are enjoying the season whatever it is , wherever you are this weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynne, It looks that way here in Georgia today. We had a big mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle! I would love to see some of the Autumn decorations and pumpkins there. I know you posted one recently where the steps to a home were decorated very festively. Enjoy the evening and tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Creativity clicked & Shared.
Thanks.

Yiota said...

Homemade soup and bread...sound delish!
I like the photo - very autumnal.

Connie said...

Quite a few people decorate for autumn here although I've never done much myself. I bet the soup and bread were delicious.