Sunday 4 October 2009

Wine Festivities



Despite it being October
there is a lot of activity here on the Mosel.
September and October is the busiest time for tourists.
And no wonder.
There is a wine festival every weekend!
I've already been to 4 different ones while I've been here.
I love them!
I love the atmosphere.



I love the way the narrow streets are packed with stalls, people, bands.
It's noisy, in a happy way.
It's as though the sleepy village has come to life.



The villagers work together to make their wine festival a success.



And it pays off.
As the evening wears on,
it is difficult to make your way along the street.
It's so packed with people enjoying themselves.


Now, I must go and check where the festival is on next weekend.
Hope you all had a good weekend.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures. My parents and I travelled to Germany when I was about 20 at Christmas. It was so beautiful and the snow on the quaint architecture was so memorable. I am glad that you are enjoying your new home!

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Gosh Lynne...you have been busy. Sorry I've not been over before but things have been hectic too. (Also not really been in the mood for blogging.) Glad that you are feeling much more settled. Super that you are blogging more now. Photos are wonderful. Those wine festivals look great!

Connie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Glad to hear you are enjoying it.